This is the second podcast in our mini-series on Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Homemaker. Two weeks ago we covered developing the daily habit Bible reading and this week we will be turning our attention to the habit of prayer and how to cultivate a deeper prayer life.
Most of us know that God calls us to consistent, daily prayer. But how many of us would actually say we have a deep and rich prayer life?
In today’s episode, we are going to briefly talk about the importance of prayer in the believers life, what it means to pray without ceasing, using prayer to help with worry and anxiety and two methods for deepening your prayer life.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- More about my passion project for the year, My Homemaking Mentor
- What does it mean to “pray without ceasing”? – 1 Thess 5:17
- Shouldn’t Christians just know how to pray? And other questions
- How prayer can be the single best medicine for worry and anxiety
- The PART method of prayer
- Reading through a Psalm a day method
[Tweet “”Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances” 1 Thess 5:17″]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Hf #25: Developing the Habit of Daily Bible Reading
- Hf #26: A Ministry Update and Our Plans for the Future
- My Homemaking Mentor – the biggest project I’ve ever worked on! I’m so excited!!
- Check out our Patreon page to help us produce more weekly podcast episodes!
- Book recommendation: Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life
- Book recommendation: Anxious for Nothing
- Book recommendation: Trusting God
- PART method from Women of the Word by Jen Wilken
- My favorite book on pray: Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney
- Make Over Your Mornings with Crystal Paine (14 day eCourse)
- Galatians 2:20 Background Images for Computer/phone/tablet
Resource of the Week:
Instead of a book recommendation this week, since I just gave you several good book suggestions, I am going to share a free resource I have for you! My designer and I have created 12 monthly computer, phone, and tablet background images for you! January’s background is Galatians 2:20 and is great for putting on the back of your computer or phone so you can better focus on God’s Word throughout your day!
February’s background is coming out next week. You can’t buy these background images, but you can get them for free by signing up for my weekly email newsletter where you will continue to get one new Scripture background image every month in 2016! So check it out and download them instantly.