Practical Ways to Grow in Trust & Peace – Hf #289
Are you struggling to find joy and peace in your life right now? Me too! In this episode we will break down some practical ways we can learn to grow in the Lord when it comes to trust and peace! Listen in:
Listen to the Podcast:
You can find important links & info below. And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
Links & Resources:
- Book recommendation: Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
- Book recommendation: Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney
- Our sponsor: LaurelSprings.com/Foundation
- Our sponsor: HelloFresh.com/Foundation80 coupon code: Foundation80
NOTES for this episode:
It takes discipline and obedience to actively place our faith and trust:
“We must not allow our emotions to hold sway over our minds. Rather, we must seek to let the truth of God rule our minds. Our emotions must become subservient to the truth.” – Trusting God
1. Start off your day with GOD not social media
Before you check your email, hop on FB or turn on the news…first turn to the Lord.
2. End your day with GOD not social media
3. Surround yourself with the things of God more
- Listen to sermons when cooking or out for a drive
- Listen to Gospel Centered books that will help you have a better mindset
- Listen to hymns and other good worship songs
- SING those worship songs throughout your day
- Talk to your kids constantly about the hope we have in Christ
- Pray all the time. Daily. Hourly. Minute by minute.
- Feeling crushed and defeated? Stop. Open your Bible to the psalms and pray through them.
- When you feel like you have nothing to pray, let the psalms direct you.
WHY pray scripture?
“And when prayer is boring, we don’t feel like praying. And when we don’t feel like praying, it’s hard to make ourselves pray. Even five or six minutes of prayer can feel like an eternity. Our mind wanders half the time. We’ll suddenly come to ourselves and think, “Now where was I? I haven’t been thinking of God for the last several minutes.” And we’ll return to that mental script we’ve repeated countless times. But almost immediately our minds begin to wander again because we’ve said the same old things about the same old things so many times.” – Praying the Bible
HOW to pray scripture:
“To pray the Bible, you simply go through the passage line by line, talking to God about whatever comes to mind as you read the text.”
“So basically what you are doing is taking words that originated in the heart and mind of God and circulating them through your heart and mind back to God. By this means his words become the wings of your prayers.” -Praying the Bible