Is it a waste of money to decorate your home? Or a wise investment? What does it mean to be motivated by pride in our homes? Or to desire to serve our family?
In today’s episode, we will take a look at the question of how we can glorify God from within our homes through our decorating, how we set the atmosphere, Bible memorization, and more! I’m really excited about this episode as we dive into some different ways we can create a Gospel-centered home.
Walk with me through what it means to decorate (or no decorate) with the Gospel in mind.We will cover different ways you can set the atmosphere in your home, using Scripture to decorate, setting good patterns and habits within your home (starting with YOU), and more!
So let’s dive in!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- To recognize when we are motivated by pride within our homes
- How to set priorities for our decorating
- When it’s wise (or unwise) to spend resources on decorating/creating an atmosphere
- My 3 desires/goals in decorating my home
- And 4 ways that we can decorate and set the tone on our homes for God’s glory
[Tweet “I want to share God’s word with those coming into our house by how our home feels; not stuffy and perfect, but rather comfortable and loving.”]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- The second annual Homemaking Ministries Online Conference 2015
- 12 video sessions on various aspects of homemaking
- Beautifully designed home management binder
- Exclusive printable conference notebook
- Register HERE
- Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman
- Homemaking Foundations Podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
Book of the Week:
Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home by Gloria Furman
Gloria is one of my all time favorite authors and her two books: Glimpses of Grace and Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full are both in my top 10 books of all time. Gloria writes from within the reality of homemaking. What it actually looks like when you are burnt out and exhausted from caring for your home each day. But she also has such a powerful way of bringing everything back to the Gospel and how we need to view our home within the scope of eternity. A very powerful book that I highly recommend all women read! You can check it out on Amazon as a print book or on Kindle.