We kicked off this discussion in episode #25, with the talk about how important God’s Word is and some ideas for daily Bible reading plans. But we are not to just ingest God’s Word, we are to digest it, meditate on it, and let it transform our lives. Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to do this!
Joshua 1:8 says, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
In today’s episode we are going to cover the importance of memorizing God’s Word, how we can come to truly cherish his Word (and through that – treasure Christ himself), and some easy methods for memorizing! Listen to the episode here:
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- More about my passion project for the year, My Homemaking Mentor
- Why we should focus on memorizing Scripture
- What Scripture has to say about itself – and how we are to cherish and treasure God’s Word!
- What it means to meditate on God’s Word and soak it into our hearts and our souls
- Some easy ways to practically memorize Scripture
- 5 areas to focus on when memorizing God’s Word
[Tweet “”As a deer pants for flowing streams so pants my soul for you, O God.” – Psalm 42:1-2″]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- My Homemaking Mentor – the biggest project I’ve ever worked on! I’m so excited!!
- Hf #25: Developing the Habit of Daily Bible Reading
- Hf #27: Methods for a Deeper Prayer Life
- Overcoming My Struggle with Anxiety
- Quick Scripture Reference Guide for Counseling Women by Patricia Miller
- The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges
- A Heart Prepared (FREE eBook on memorizing God’s Word)
5 Free Scripture Guides
In this episode, I share five different categories to help you get started with memorizing Scripture. I’ve compiled these five categories into these handy printable guides for you so that you can print them off and start memorizing God’s Word – right away!!
Sign up here to download and you will get an email with the link!