Homemaking – and our roles within the home – change from season to season and vary greatly depending on what stage of life we are in. Jennifer is joining us today to talk about having a vision for our homemaking and how our homemaking will look different depending on where we are at in life.
Jennifer has 11 children and knows what it means to be busy. She is also a loving wife and devoted homemaker. She blogs over at The Focused Homemaker and she is with us in this week’s episode to give us a little glimpse into her daily life. She also gives some really encouraging wisdom from her 20+ years of experience as a homemaker.
I was so encouraged recording this episode with her and I love the advice she gives on knowing what season you are in and adjusting your homemaking to match that season. Let’s dive in!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What it means to be focused as a homemaker
- How homemaking changes from season to season
- Encouragement for the young mom who is stuck in the trenches and feels like her house is out of control
- Homemaking routines that help you get back control of your home
- A day in the life of a mom of 11 kids!
- And how the Gospel impacts her daily life as a homemaker
[Tweet “No two homemakers will look the same. We are all walking in different seasons and on different paths. “]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Jennifer Ross from The Focused Homemaker
- Episode #12: What Does it Really Mean to Manage a Gospel-Centered Home?
- Joyful Aprons
- Homemaking 101 & 201 DVD’s – Family Vision Films
- Use coupon code: youngwife to get 25% OFF the homemaking DVD’s through October 15th!
- Homemaking Foundations Podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
Resource of the Week:
Homemaking 101 & 201 DVD’s
If you need some practical, hand’s on experience in homemaking, then these DVD’s are perfect for you! Jennifer walks you through all aspects of running a household in these beautifully made DVD’s.