How to study the Bible with both our hearts and our minds with Jen Wilkin – Hf #102
This week I was able to sit down with one of my favorite authors and we had a great conversation! Jen shares my passion for encouraging women to dive deep into God’s Word and I can’t wait for you to listen in.
Listen to the Podcast:
We also recorded this blog post as an audio podcast. If you want to listen in instead of reading, click play below or do a combination of both
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
I’ve been a long time fan of Jen because she brings a no-nonsense approach to Scripture and yet she’s very encouraging and practical! I loved getting to chat with her. Here’s what we discussed today on the podcast:
1) The tagline of your book Women of the Word, is “How to study the bible with both our hearts and our minds.” Why do you think it’s so important for women today to remember that we need to engage our hearts in study, but also our minds?
2) I love throughout your books that you point women back to Christ as the foundation and cornerstone of our lives. To that wife, that mom, and that women who is deep in the trenches of everyday life, whose feeling overwhelmed and burnt out….can you give her some encouragement on how Christ can give us this hope we are so desperately seeking? It can feel SO overwhelming to add in one more thing, so how will drawing into consistent study of God’s Word help when we are already feeling so overwhelmed with everything on our to-do list?
3) I asked my community what questions they had for you. And Megan asked, “What are some of the difficulties she faced when she first began studying the Bible this way? Did she just read and reread looking for repeated words & phrases? What commentaries does she use?” Basically, I think Megan wants to know: How do you get started when you’ve never studied the Bible on a deeper level?
4) Ruby wants to know, “I would love to know how to be bold about the faith with other women. Jen is so good at staying away from the fluffy feely–what so many like to believe is women’s ministry but is so far from the gospel–and I find myself wanting to be bold about getting to the TRUTH but I don’t know where to start.” Any advice or encouragement on how we can all be more bold with handling God’s truth?
5) Okay and finally, the ladies want to know “What study is she working on now??”
Links & Resources Mentioned Today:
- Life Change Series by Nav Press
- Video and audio resources from Jen at her church
- Book recommendation: Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- Book recommendation: None Like Him by Jen Wilkin
- Preorder: In His Image coming out in May 2018!
- Preorder: God of Creation – Jen’s new Bible study through Genesis releases in January 2018!
Looking for an affordable planner?
I’ve got an affordable, Christian homemaking planner to introduce you to today! Welcome to our brand new sponsor to our podcast: The Homemaker’s Friend Daily Planner! I’ve used this planner for years and there are several things I love about this planner!
1) It’s very affordable! 2) It’s spiral bound so it lays flat. 3)It’s made BY a homemaker FOR homemakers. 4) It includes a very easy weekly layout format. and 5) It includes tear our shopping lists!! BONUS: It’s super cute ?
If you are looking for an affordable planner that you can take with you on the go, you need to check out The Homemaker’s Friend Daily Planner!
PLUS the creator Sue, is offering you a FREE 16-page downloadable Meal Planning kit! All you have to do is head over and download it for free. ?