Disclosure: This post was written for The Motherhood. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
It has been unseasonably warm here lately and I’ve needed to dig into our garage and pull out our Spring clothing. As I’ve been sorting through our spring and winter clothing, it’s put me into the mood for some spring cleaning.
There’s something perfect about spring for cleaning: the changing of the season, the warm fresh weather, the desire for bright and light spaces (free of clutter)!! So lately I’ve been purging my house and it’s been amazing. I can’t believe what a difference it makes to spring clean my house – get rid of clutter and deep clean – it completely changes the atmosphere in my home!
Gather Your Supplies
The first step in doing a spring clean, is to gather your supples. Write down a list of what you need to clean, and then figure out that you need. Our spring cleaning essentials took us on a trip to Walmart – where we got the necessities we needed!
Supplies you might need:
- Glass Cleaner
- Bathroom Cleaner
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Viva®, Scott®, and Cottonelle®: papertowels and toilet paper
- Clutter, clutter, and more clutter!
Got your supplies ready? I’ve got all my clutter and grime ready to be tackled!
Make Your List:
Every good spring clean starts with a list. Spring cleaning is the time to get into the corners and really deep clean those spots you don’t normally think of – like behind the fridge! Here are some ideas for deep cleaning:
- Clean stove – inside and out
- Clean behind the fridge
- Take everything out of fridge and scrub it down
- Clean out cupboards
- Clean and organize under the sink
- Scrub out dishwasher
- Run a clean cycle through the coffee maker
- Wash trash can
- Scrub bathtubs and showers
- Clean sink
- Clean toilet
- Take out all of the stuff under the sink – clean and organize!
- Clean shower curtain
- Clean windows/mirrors
- Wash trash can
- Cleaning washing machine
- Clean dryer lint catcher
- Organize and purge laundry supplies
- Clean behind washer and dryer
- Clean (or repaint) baseboards and doors
- Clean light fixtures
- Disinfect all door knobs and light switches
- Dust and hunt for cobwebs
- Wash mats/rugs
- Vacuum/wash curtains
Walmart Has Everything You Need:
In planning out how I want to tackle spring cleaning, I’m glad that Walmart had everything I needed! Walmart sent me a big box of goodies to try out and help with my Spring Cleaning and I’m so glad that I had everything I needed to get started. Here’s what helped:
- Viva Big Roll Paper Towels
- Cottonelle Toilet Paper Double Rolls
- Scott 1000 Bathroom Tissue
- Cute baskets for sorting and organizing
- New sponges and gloves!
Want to jump into Spring Cleaning too? Head over to Walmart to find all your favorite Viva®, Scott®, and Cottonelle® products to help!