I am wrapping up this current homeschool year and starting to plan and collect resources for next year. So now is a great time to do a little recap of our homeschool curriculum we’ve used the past 2 years and what we will be using going into next year! I’ll also share a little bit about the homeschool philosophy we have fallen in love with, how we do a morning basket time, and more!
Listen to the Podcast:
Thanks for listening in today! You can find all the links & resources mentioned in today’s episode down below.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Links & Resources:
- The Sonlight curriculum we have: Core A (for grades K-2 and ages 5-7)
- For our family we have fallen in love with their book selection but don’t need their Instructor’s Guide.
- LISTEN: How to get started homeschooling (and the curriculum we are using this year)– Hf #92
- LISTEN: Our homeschool plan for Kindergarten/First Grade – Hf#150
Sonlight books we’ve loved:
- James Harriot’s Treasury for children
- Isaac Newton and the Laws of Motion
- Adventures in Ancient Greece
- Dolphin Adventures
- Cappy Boppy
- The Boxcar Children #1
- Johnny Appleseed: The Story of a Legand
- Usborn’s Children Encyclopedia
What we use for teaching reading:
- Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons (goes from K-2nd grade)
- Dash into Reading books – Amazing beginning reader books. They are so beautiful!!
What we now use for Math (and LOVE!!)
- Master Books Level 1 (this is technically first grade math but it was perfect for Kindergarten)
Morning basket time:
- Devotional we use: I Am: 40 reasons to Trust God
Other books we’ve loved reading this year:
- Children’s picture atlas – Usborn
- My first keyboard book – Usborn
- Rahl Dahl Book Set (we got ours at Costco for a killer price)
- The Dragon Master Series
- We are the gardeners by Joanna Gaine
- The Usborn Outdoor Activity Book
What we are planning for next year (but this might change as I start to order stuff):
- Master Books Math level 1
- Continue with 100 easy lessons book
- Next level in handwriting without tears
- Adding in a nature notebook
- Move into another devotional when we end that one
Sponsors for today’s episode:
- Get 500 high quality business cards starting at just $9.99: Vistaprint.com/HOME
- Get 40% off your organic feminine care products by going to mylola.com and use coupon code HOMEMAKING