Pregnancy favorites from a mom of (soon to be) 6 – Hf #258
This is a long-requested episode! Today I’m sharing all my pregnancy favorites but I’m sure I missed some, so make sure you share all your favorites as well over on Instagram.
Listen to the Podcast:
You can find important links & info below. And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
Links & Resources:
Favorite Pregnancy Books:
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility
- The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- The First 40 Days: The essential art of nourishing the new mother
- Awakening Fertility: The Essential Art of Preparing for Pregnancy
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
- Husband-Coached Childbirth
- Betsy Bosom’s Baby Book: A Girlfriends Guide to Using Essential Oils From Bellies to Babies
- Gentle Babies: Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants, and Young
Morning Sickness Remedies:
- Sea Bands – Motion sickness bands
- High amounts of vitamin b – my two favorite Vitamin B complexes are Dr. Axe’s Vitamin B complex & the one I use now is Super B by Young Living (it’s AMAZING!!)
- The only thing that has ever worked for me for heartburn is: Alkalime supplement by Young Living
- Mama’s Red Raspberry brew – My favorite pregnancy blend!!
- Mama’s Milk tea – Great for lactation and milk production!
- Earthley also makes a great pregnancy tea
Pregnancy workout dvd:
Vitamins and supplements:
- Take a good prenatal – I use Master Formula + Super B as my prenatal vitamin (both from Young Living). You can read about this combo here.
- Dr. Axe also has a great prenatal I recommend
- I also take a good probiotic. I switch between Young Living’s Life9 and some of Dr. Axe’s probiotics. It’s a good idea to switch up your probiotic from time to time to get different strains. Dr. Axe has a bunch of good ones but I recommend his Women’s once a day as well as his SBO probiotic.
- You will also want a good omega/fish oil supplement for pregnancy. No surprise here but I recommend one of Dr. Axe’s Omega’s but all four are currently sold out. The one I take now is Young Living’s OmegaGize. A good omega supplement is crucial during pregnancy, but a GOOD one from a good source is going to be expensive. Just keep that in mind. I usually take mine 3-4 times a week instead of every day just to lesson that expense a bit.
- I also take Magnesium and iron – see my favorites below
Other supplements I LOVE:
- TriLight Health has an entire line of pregnancy herbal blends that are affordable and rock! Their ingredients are outstanding. I recommend getting their Pregnancy essentials kit for everything you need.
- Earthley is my next favorite store to recommend. It’s owned by a mom who has a passion for providing home remedies at an affordable price. Here are a few of my favorites from Earthley:
- Pregnancy tea -a Premade blend for pregnancy
- Fertili Boost herbal extract – Want help getting pregnant? This tincture might help.
- Post Partum balance – I am SO getting this tincture for this time around – helps balance things out after pregnancy
- Mama’s tummy relief – I wish I had seen this during my first-trimester sickness
- Nourish her naturally – Another possible option for a prenatal
- Magnesium Lotion – Another great one for pregnancy! I use this every night. Dr. Axe has a good supplement if you want a pill instead of a lotion.
- Iron supplement – I LOVE Earthley’s iron supplement. Make sure to look for an herbal iron supplement though if using a different brand.
- When pregnancy and motherhood doesn’t go the way you planned – Hf # 60
- Find me over on Instagram – watch my highlights for all of these items and to share your own!!
- Check out Wix.com/Podcast to get 10% off your new website!
- If you are interested in joining Young Living with a wholesale membership and to get 20% back in rewards points on all your supplements (and essential oils and cleaning supplies and more!), shoot me an email or message me on Instagram and I’ll share how to do it so you can join my team 😀 Email me: Jami@YoungWifesGuide.com and put subject line: Young Living