TTM #64: Supporting moms with kids (when you don’t have any or yours are older)
I got a great question this week for the podcast. Liz is asking how she can support her friends with kids. This is a terrific one for everyone to listen in to about how we can come along side and support each other!
Listen to the Podcast:
You can find the notes down below and listen along here! And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
Links & Resources:
Liz asks: “I love all of your podcasts! I am not a mom but I have lots of friends that are mothers. I try to be supportive, but am wondering what things others have done to show support and love to you that have been most helpful? I am always looking for new ideas and ways to be supportive beyond the typical taking of a meal, offering to babysit and providing supportive listening.”
- Don’t wait for them to ask
- Don’t be offended if she says no!
- Ask her what you can be praying about for her.
- Don’t assume you know how hard it is, etc.
- Just be there for her, invite her to get her nails done with you, offer to come over and watch a movie with her when her husband is working late, etc. Treat her like a friend who just happens to have kids!!